Born Before 1970? Here Are 7 Discounts Most Seniors Fail To Claim
Recent study shows that 78% of Canadians have never claimed these amazing discounts available to them. Most are missing out simply because they don’t know these discounts exist. That’s why we put together this list of the top discounts available to people over 50. To save your hard-earned money, make sure that you know what discounts you are entitled to:
1. Save on Groceries
- Safeway: 10% off for Air Miles holders on the first Tuesday of the month and some stores offer senior discounts on the first Wednesday of the month
- M&M Food Market: 5% off every Tuesday for 60+ and 10% if you spend over $30
- Giant Tiger: 10% off for 60+ on first Monday of the month
- Bulk Barn: 10% off for 65+ every Wednesday
- M&M Meats: 5% off your purchase, every Tuesday. Age 60+
- Walmart, Loblaws, Sobeys, Costco, Safeway, IGA and many more stores - up to 70% OFF with Senior Advantage - read our review below.
2. Over 50? Save up to 70% at Thousands of Stores In Canada When You Join Senior Advantage™
You might be throwing your money away if you are over 50 years old and not a member of Senior Advantage™ which can save you up to 70% OFF from Canada’s top brands and stores.
Senior Advantage™ is a membership organization that provides huge discounts and deals on every day expenses to its members. This is the most comprehensive savings program available with current average member savings of more than $1,500 per year.
Senior Advantage™ members get access to their discounts program which can help them save money at many popular stores like Walmart, Loblaws, Sobeys, Canadian Tire, Metro, Safeway, Amazon, Costco and many other stores. They practically have every store you can think of. I was pleasantly surprised that Senior Advantage saved me so much money at stores near my home, where I do most of my shopping.
We’ve tried this discounts club ourselves and we love it. I and my wife have managed to save over $400 in our first month simply by being members of Senior Advantage. I see us saving at least $200-300 every month without doing any extra work. You can literally save thousands of dollars each year paying for stuff you would have to pay for anyway. We can't wait to see how much we will end up saving next month. We see ourselves as being members of Senior Advantage for a very long time.
If you want to save money on your everyday expenses, click here to read the full review of Senior Advantage.
[button $link="https://discountslogic.com/seniors-ca-pre" $text="Click Here To Learn More"]
3. Pharmacy Discounts
• Lawtons Drug: Seniors save 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on the monthly 55+ Appreciation Day. (Check your local store or the website for dates and details.) Some exclusions apply.
• Rexall Pharma Plus: Seniors save 20 percent on regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Day (which happens once a month). Some exclusions apply.
• Shoppers Drug Mart: Seniors ages 65 and older get 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise on Seniors’ Discount Day (usually the last Thursday of the month). Some exclusions apply.
• Up to 70% OFF at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall and more with Senior Advantage
4. Shopping Discounts
• Home Hardware: Home Hardware: Home Hardware offers a 20% senior discount on select days.
• Value Village: Seniors citizens with valid ID are eligible for a 30% discount every Tuesday at participating Value Village thrift stores.
• RONA: Customers who are 50 years or older can get 15% off at RONA when they present their valid ID.
• Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, Pet Value - up to 70% OFF with Senior Advantage
• Lawtons Drugs: Seniors who are 55 years old and above can get a 20% discount at Lawtons Drugs once a month depending on store location. Exclusions apply.
• Giant Tiger: Customers who are 60 or older are eligible for senior discounts at Giant Tiger. Availability depends on store location.
• Pet Value: Seniors who are 60 years old and above can get a 10% discount on the last Thursday of every month when they sign up for the Pet Value Your Rewards program.
• Shoppers Drug Mart: Shoppers Drug Mart offers a 20% senior discount to customers who are 65 years old and above. Super Senior Days are also available on select Thursdays, where customers who are 65 or older can get 10,000 PC Optimum points or a $10 Savings Card.
5. Food and Restaurant Discounts
- McDonalds: offers everyday discounted seniors coffee and coffee/muffin deals (60+)
- McDonalds: up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage
- KFC: Seniors who are 55 years old and above with valid ID can get discounts at select KFC outlets in Canada. Contact your nearest store.
- Tim Hortons: Senior can get discounts at select Tim Hortons locations. Ask in the nearest franchise for further information
- Tim Hortons - up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage membership
- Subway: offers 10%, discount to seniors at Manager’s discretion (60+)
- Taco Bell: Taco Bell offers discounts to seniors who are 65 or older with valid ID. Available at select locations only.
- Arby’s: 10% discount to senior citizens with proof of age. Availability depends on store location.
- Denny’s: Customers who are 55 or older can get 15% off their order at participating Denny’s outlets every Thursday 2PM-10PM. Bring valid ID.
- Burger King: Offers seniors coffee (55+)
- Subway, Starbucks, KFC - up to 50% OFF with Senior Advantage membership
6. Travel Discounts
• Best Western: If you’re 55 or older, you’ll receive 10 percent off or more. You may also receive early check-ins, late check-outs, and free room upgrades. Simply make a hotel reservation and show proof of your age upon check-in.
• Choice Hotels: The hotels in this chain include: Comfort, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, and Ascend Hotel Collection. Seniors 60 and older get a 10 percent discount when they book in advance.
• DoubleTree: Senior discount rates are available at participating hotels. Seniors ages 65 and over are eligible. You can also book a second room for family members at the same discounted rate.
• Marriott: Seniors ages 62 and over save 15 percent or more off rates
• CheapOAir: CheapOAir Canada offers discounts on select flight tickets to senior citizens with valid proof of age.
• Amtrak: Amtrak passengers who are 60 years old and above can get 10% off select cross-border services. Restrictions apply.
•Greyhound: Greyhound offers a 20% discount on unrestricted fares to passengers aged 62 and above with valid ID. Wheelchair accessible coaches are also available.
• Amtrak: Amtrak offers a 10% senior discount on select rail fares to passengers who are age 65 or older with valid ID. Restrictions apply.
7. Entertainment Discounts
• Canada Games Centre: Seniors who are 60 years or older can get discounts on membership fees at Canada Games Centre. Present valid ID at the customer service desk.
• Canada’s Wonderland: Canada’s Wonderland offers discounts on general admission and season passes to visitors who are 60 years old and above.
• Canada Museum of History: The Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau offers discounts on admission fees to visitors who are 65 or older with proof of age.
• Canadian Museum of Nature: Seniors who are 65 years old and above are eligible for admission discounts at the Canadian Museum of Nature. Bring valid ID.
• Canadian War Museum: Visitors who are age 65 years old and above can get discounted tickets at the Canadian War Museum in Ottowa. Proof of age is required.
• Hockey Hall of Fame: The Hockey Hall of Fame offers discounts on single tickets and group tickets to seniors who are 65 or older with valid ID.
• Jurassic Forest: Seniors who are 60 and older can $3 off the daily admission fee and $10 off seasonal membership at Jurassic Forest.
• Ontario Science Centre: The Ontario Science Centre in Toronto offers discounts on admission fees to seniors who are 65 years old and above.
• Parks Canada: Visitors who are 65 or older are eligible for reduced fees on daily admission and the Discovery Pass at Parks Canada. Exclusions apply.
That's it! We hope you found our discount list helpful!
If you're looking to save more money on groceries, get the latest senior discounts and deals, sign-up for Senior Advantage - it takes less than 2 minutes. And be sure to take advantage of their 80% discount available only for new members.
Please share this discount list with your friends if you think this would help them!!
- Susan & David.